Kubu village is located just a few kilometers from Tulamben area.
There are 2 dives sites in Kubu, the KUBU Reef, beautiful and colorful coral garden that perfectly fits for snorkeling and beginners and the Boga wreck, requesting more advanced capabilities as the propeller lies at 38 meter deep.
The dive starts in a shallow coral garden with huge schools of fish then going down along a nice wall with a very good marine life. There is also a superb pinnacle covered with a variety of soft and hard coral. You can see whitetip and blacktip reef sharks patrolling the area along the wall as well as Napoleon, eagle rays, and sometimes a group of bump head parrot fish coming by!
On the sandy bottom at around 25 meter depth, you will see numerous blue spotted stingrays.
This is an excellent site for snorkeling and for underwater macro photography with the famous pygmy seahorse on the fans and lots of nudibranch.
The ship “Boga” has been sunk in September 2012 in front of the beach of Kubu, at 25 meter from the shore.
The ship was a former 150 ton cargo, almost 40 meters long, now lying on a sandy bottom between 13 and 32 meters deep, perpendicular from the beach. As relatively new, the corals are just beginning to growth but we could expect that it will attract more and more marine lives as the years are running.
For the moment, the Boga includes some interesting pieces, like the ship steering wheel, a car in the storage area, and the propeller, still intact at the maximum depth of about 33 meters. Some of these pieces are made of wood, so probably they will disappear quite soon, leaving only the metallic framework.
The wreck offers easy access and exit.
- Pick-up and Drop off at your hotel in Sanur or South Bali (Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Nusa Dua) or close to the dive destination.
- Transport by car and by traditional boat (Jukung)
- High-Quality Diving equipment (for free if needed) – Apeks AT20
- Beach towel
- 2 or 3 dives guided by an experienced diving instructor or dive master
- Drinks and snacks between the dives
- Lunch in a nice restaurant on the beach or on the boat
- Safety kit and oxygen
- All diving taxes and fees
- All transport in air-conditioned car included
- Free pick up for area around Sanur, Kuta, Seminyak, Benoa, Nusa Dua & Jimbaran. For other areas, an additional fee may be charged.
- Underwater pictures and video services available on request: $40/Day
- Rental Diving Computer $10/Day
- 15 Litter tank: 5$ extra per tank
- Nitrox $5 extra per tank